Immerse yourself in water quality monitoring techniques, stream restoration options with youth, and the wonders of headwaters streams while covering multiple science and social studies Content Standards and Objectives. Open to teachers, watershed organizers, and concerned citizens.
- Citizen Science: all data is uploaded to the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Save Our Streams Database
- Learn DEP Save our Streams Monitoring protocols
- Investigate water quality and watershed systems in a multi-tiered program
- Bring your students on an overnight class field trip to the Spruce Knob Mountain Center to sample water quality in a model stream, participate in a restoration activity, and learn about watersheds
- Have TMI instructors visit your community to help students collect local data
- Compare and analyze results
- Hypothesize connections between local land use and water quality
Participate in the workshop as a stand alone, or participate in the full program with your students. To register click here.